Orff Instrument Arrangements of Pandemonium Steel Band Music
Fire up your Orff ensemble with this hot introduction to the steel band tradition of Trinidad, via Pandemonium, a Wesleyan University-based steel band and one of the best in the US!
Pandemonium Rules! features authentic steel band pieces scored for Orff instruments. The authors join forces with Pandemonium Steel Band to bring you the sound, the sense and the excitement of pan for your Orff-based music classroom.
With additional contributions to the cultural and historical context by Mackie Burnette, director of the Brown University Trinidadian Steel Band Ensemble and a well-known Trinidadian pan man, you'll have all you need to fill your students in on the development of steel bands in the Caribbean, and the thriving pan scene around the world today.
Give them the context, then let them loose on the music with their Orff instruments! The sound is irresistible... your class will fly to their xylophones, ready to swing!
The 8.5" x 11" book includes:
- Cultural and historical background
- Photos of instruments of the steel band and of Pandemonium in action
- Charts for arranging your Orff ensemble
- Instructions on how to set up an engine room (the unpitched percussion section that drives the band)
- Copy-OK transcriptions for Miss Mary